Search My Blog

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Neighborhood Movie Theatre Accessibility


My boyfriend and I decided to go the a movie theatre near our home in Secaucus, NJ. We had been to this theatre before since it's opening this past summer of 10'. I had always told my boyfriend that this place was greatly accessible to people with disabilities and was so happy that the architects and company had accessibility in mind when building this facility. He thought I was a little crazy when I yelled out, "Look a ramp into the bathroom and handrails!" But on this particular trip back he pointed out the lowered water fountains that we passed before entering our theatre! This place is GREAT! They have large curb cuts, automatic doors, ramps into bathroom and theatre, handrails, lowered water fountains, handicap accessible bathrooms, sinks, large doorways, you name it! I was so impressed and now that I look back on it, I am so APPRECIATIVE for this. My boyfriend and I have taken a pledge to always spend our money at this theatre as they have a very wide selection of movies, very clean, and of course very accessible to people with disabilities. I am in FULL SUPPORT of more facilities like such. :) I sent them an e-mail to let them know that they have a great facility as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment