Search My Blog

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Visa Application Process for Ghana



I was so excited to apply for a visa for this trip, as it would mean another stamp in my passport! Traveling to the Ghanian Consulate was not as hard as I expected. Nana and I headed there on a direct M-train (from West 4th street to 47th), and it took about 15 minutes. Nana's mother had briefed her on the application process so we were as prepared as possible before arriving at the Consulate. Once we arrived we were told we needed to go next door to make a copy of our passport (the only step in the process that we failed to do). We went next door to a stationary store (which I might add, was a little weird), filled with books, papers, and binders everywhere. A complete mess, and very pricey I might add! Once we handed back our materials needed for processing we were on our way back to NYU's Washington Square campus. We were told our visas would be ready in 3-5 business days.

 We arrived the next week to pick up our visas, and I was very pleased to see the visa sticker affixed in my passport!

No comments:

Post a Comment